Pages

Monday, March 05, 2007

gobsmocked

a request was recently submitted for a pocket (we have checked this book out of the library). a pocket where hands could be clasped together, no less.

then i happened upon alicia's "smocket"

aha

here we are...

hands together now

she loves it. filled the pocket with little treasures right away. and walks around with her hands in it.

i love it. it is the back that gets me. the cross-over and tie at the shoulder approach. timeless. and i made it reversible (to the green and pink print, sans pocket) so she can wear it twice as much.

a request has been submitted for another. in this print. (for the love of superbuzzy) with a larger pocket. for a larger kid.

and perhaps i'll try a mom-sized one as well...

thanks alicia for the inspiration, and for sharing the pattern. and thanks back to amy for originally passing the vintage pattern on to alicia!

and thanks to my bugs... well, for just being you. we had an awesome weekend we three girls. the sewing machine busily humming on the kitchen table while they quietly played together. (together! all! weekend!) i couldn't ask for more.

happy monday.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

the smocket is so dear! almost as cute as the little one wearing it. the pattern is totally addictive -- I'm on my third for my little gal. I love your pocket variation too.

lisa solomon said...

i want one :)

can we see the treasures in the pocket??

BunkleLife said...

Oh so very cute!! Little bug looks adorable, and what a great idea crafty Mom!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see what is in hr pocket too! She couldn't be any cuter if she tried.

Anonymous said...

weekend sounds perfect.

smock is adorable! i agree that the crossed back is what makes it so dear.

Anonymous said...

Oh my i love this! And your little girl is adorable. I'm off to make some right now!

Anonymous said...

Sweet smocket. Sweet little girl.

I need to finish my smocket for Baby J...yes, boys can wear smockets too, right?

Mama Urchin said...

What fun. I am itching to make one of those smockets too. And I just got some of that tree fabric in my mailbox today. Hmm, maybe this is a sign?

Anonymous said...

If I'd look that cute I would want one : )

Anonymous said...

i love the pocket idea! smart kiddo you have there. and she couldn't be cuter either.

Anonymous said...

I can't find the words...am so in love with smock and am in awe at how sweet little bug looks in it. Must make an adult one for myself...

Unknown said...

Oh what a gorgeous little smocket! I just love saying that word too, 'smocket, smocket, smocket'. I think I will have to make one myself just so I can say it some more.

MWM said...

love it.
and she is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darlin'
Just doing a little surfin' and landed in on my jumilla bugs-- it's been ages since I've been here. And, so much to learn, especially seeing our littlest one with her glasses. So, having a few tears on February 17th's, and smiles and chuckles galore-- I love you heaps, and am a very proud Mom and Grammee.

Anonymous said...

how good is your mom?!

very sweet. and the tree fabric is going to look perfect.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet photo - and it fits her perfect. And the pocket is adorable.
It's a perfect package!

Anonymous said...

That is one cute smocket, on an even cuter girl ;o)

Anonymous said...

soo cute. I'm glad everyone is having fun with this pattern. Yes, Miss Bea is going to get one too - one of these days!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that smocket! Seriously, I need to get some linen in the shop, right? That looks so cute!

The Bruin Boy Bunch said...

Tracy, you need to come and have a play date in my garage....I have a ton (o.k. maybe just 1000 pounds) of fabric that was bought with good intentions but not enought time.

Cally said...

Yay, managed to get your pics showing up today, fantastic smocket!

I'm posting some compost tips today, and for you pee is the key!

molly | mommycoddle.com said...

I LOVE it. These are on my list, too...although my list is VERY long at the moment...

Anonymous said...

This smock is adorable, almost as cute as the little model wearing it!!! I can't wait to start on one for my little one.