Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

NY story

I'm back in NY for the CAA conference. it is inspiring to be back in a lecture hall and listening to people excited about what they are doing. (I'm here for the catalogue raisonne sessions in particular, along with digital publishing.) it is another quick trip, but i've also had the opportunity to visit with my niece (aunt bragging rights being pulled here - she is now working as a "product manager" at New York Magazine) as well as good friends.

NY story

NY story

NY story

NY story

NY story


today took me from one studying at NYU - and a coffee shop near Washington Square - to the upper east side - and the premier of the (wonderful!) documentary, maira kalman: my favorite things, a film by gael towey*, as well as the fantastic exhibition that inspired it, all at the newly reopened Cooper Hewitt. (go!)  highlight - abe lincoln's pocket watch and the story of its hidden message, and sitting behind martha stewart (!).

tomorrow, one more conference session, then back to my peeps. (and to scheme of bringing them here with me soon!)




*click on the link and see the film! now on the smithsonian channel website.




No comments: