Pages

Friday, December 30, 2005

2006 TO DO

1. Become a Treeperson. This was actually a promise I made to myself on my birthday but have yet to follow through on. Let this be the year! Try to make the local elementary school our starting point.

2. Foster a sense of community. Start by planting some trees with our neighbours. (See 1.)

3. Become the driver of a walking schoolbus. (Also See 2.)

4. Learn to knit socks. Inspired by these, these and these.

5. Read more. On my list, this, this, this and this for starters...

6. Walk more / Drive Less. (See 3.)

7. Be patient.

8. Take the bugs back home for a visit.

9. Only take on what I can do to the standards I am happiest with.

10. Simplify.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful list! Here is a link that fits in nicely with it (enviro, what else...?) http://www.grist.org/advice/ask/2003/11/25/consumption/

And how about some music to go along with all that? Have really been enjoying and playing the heck out of Andy Stochansky's 100.

I admire your plan to attempt knitting socks. You'll have to let me know how it goes. I'm planning to make the big move from scarves to finger puppets! Once the semester is over, of course. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/PATTpuppers.html