Pages

Friday, March 31, 2006

full of life

It feels like it has been a long long week. My head is a little fuzzy and hasn't quite wrapped itself around the idea that it really is Friday. As an old friend used to always say: "Life is full."

The big bug and I had fun putting together an apron for one of her classmates - complete with wooden spoon and this book.

for zoe

The little bug started to show interest in the potty. Hooray!!! We will be taking it slow and see how it goes.

Mom's visit came to an end. We miss her terribly already and she has only been gone two days! We love you - and can't wait to meet up in July!

We had dinner with dear new friends and met their new babe. So sweet. And though she isn't fond of hats yet she accepted the one we made her with grace! (And with news of another friend expecting I have an excuse to buy more wool!)

And our mailbox seemed to be overflowing...

I have been watching Lizette Greco's work for a few years now. Since a friend bought a piece at a street fair in Venice. Now we have one. For the big bug's Easter basket - but the little bug couldn't resist.

greco.cuff action

(I must order another! and maybe one for me too!) The craftsmanship is beautiful. Thanks Lizette!

Then this little guy hopped over...

jek.bunny recto

destined for another Easter basket. Another fabulous print gocco'd creation from Jessica of jek in the box. When I saw these I knew I had to get one! It is even better in person. The packaging was adorable, and the back so cute too!

I also want to post a special thank you. It was very sweet of Kristina of karkovski fame to list jumilla bugs as one of her "blog loves". It is a strange thing this blogging. As has been discussed in various places. I do find it a wonderful way to keep in touch with those "back home". And I have also made some wonderful new connections. Thank you! As I stated in her comments I wouldn't be doing this if I had not been inspired by blogs such as hers. And thank you to all those bloggers out there who provide me with such constant encouragement and inspiration...

Happy weekend!

Inspired again - who else wants to try this next week?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! I love the apron/book idea for a gift. That's my kind of b-day bash: something handmade and a good book.

the shim family said...

I love the apron + book. Cookbooks are wonderful presents for lil' ones.

Tracy said...

I really do believe books are the best gifts anyone can give - and receive!

this single spark said...

Sooooooo. Where will your mom be in July? L.A. or home or someplace else? 'Cause if she's at home, then that means you'll be in my neck of the prairie. Hoping it's home!

Tracy said...

sorry. not home. galiano. thinking though i may need a trip to the prairies this fall. september maybe. will have to see when the big bug starts school. (yikes!) and how many airmiles we have :)

stephanie said...

love the apron. i really like florals paired with linen. aprons are my default birthday gift for kids.

i'll be looking for color next week too...

Cally said...

Sweet apron, looks so good on her I'm surprised there wasn't a scene when it had to go to the classmate.

Thanks for visiting my blog again, I'm getting so tangled in so many reads that I don't get to check everyone as often as before.

When a comment is left it gets me back in there and I can catch up, and I always love the LA catch up in your blog, so much sunshine and good stories.

Tracy said...

thanks!

aprons are quickly becoming our default gift too (moving on from tutus...) stephanie.

glad you had a chance to "stop by" cally!

Anonymous said...

Love the rabbit!